In the Sociology Program we strive to help our students better understand the populations we serve, and the forces that afford and restrict these populations. You will gain exceptional skills in qualitative and quantitative data interpretation skills, and the ability to break down the complexities of everyday life and the effect these complexities have on people, groups, and populations across the globe.
The Penn Sociology Undergraduate Advisory Board (UAB) works closely with the program manager, Marcus Wright, to build community for our majors and minors. To accomplish this, they:
i. Help plan and raise awareness of Penn Sociology undergraduate program events
ii. Serve as mentors and resources for Sociology majors
iii. Serve as ambassadors of the Penn Sociology program at School/ College of Arts & Sciences events
iv. Solicit recommendations and suggestions for improvement in Penn Sociology, and voice them to program staff and faculty
v. Recruit majors to fill in board seats that will be open the following year
If you are interested in serving on the UAB in the future, please contact Marcus at email@example.com.
- Mixers for our majors, minors, and students interested in Sociology
- Student lunches with faculty
- Alumni panels and presentations on careers paths in Sociology
- Fellowship group and events for students interested in the Health and Healthcare fields
- An annual graduation luncheon that celebrates our graduating majors and minors