Funding for Presentations and Conferences

Funding for Conferences and Presentations

Following are some University resources for support for conference attendance and presentations for graduate students. There are sometimes limited departmental resources available, but students should apply for GAPSA and SAS funds first.

GAPSA Research Travel Grant Program: The GAPSA Research Student Travel Grant is available to full-time students who are pursuing a Ph.D. or research M.A. or M.S. degree. Students can apply for individual awards of up to $300 to help defray the costs associated with presenting their research at academic conferences and meetings.

School of Arts and Sciences Travel Funds: Limited travel funds for one trip per year will be made available to those PhD candidates who are invited to give papers or to serve as commentators at meetings of professional organizations. Only PhD candidates who are Full-time School of Arts and Sciences graduate students in residence at the University are eligible to apply for funds. Travel funds may be used to cover any eligible travel expenses consistent with University Policy. Travel expense will be covered up to a maximum of $300 (100% of the first $100; 75% of the remainder- up to a $300 maximum). Priority will be given to those students unable to secure funds from grants or from the department. Requests will only be considered upon the completion and submission of the Request for SAS Graduate Student Travel Subvention form prior to the trip; the form must be endorsed by the student's faculty advisor and by the Graduate Chair. The form can be found here. After completing the form return it to the graduate coordinator.