Ph.D., Sociology, University of Pennsylvania, 2022
M.Phil., Sociology, University of Cambridge, 2013
M.A. (Undergraduate), University of Edinburgh, 2012
Culture, social inequality, education
SOCI 001 - Introduction to Sociology
Harvey, Peter Francis. 2023. "'Everyone Thinks They're Special': How Schools Teach Children Their Social Station." American Sociological Review. 88 (3): 493-521.
- ESS, Candace Rogers Award for Outstanding Graduate Student Paper 2021 (Winner)
- ASA, Social Psychology Section, Graduate Student Paper Award 2021 (Honorable Mention)
Harvey, Peter Francis. 2022. “‘Make Sure You Look Someone in the Eye’: Socialization and Classed Comportment in Two Elementary Schools.” American Journal of Sociology 127 (5): 1417-1459.
- ASA, Social Psychology Section, Graduate Student Paper Award 2020 (Co-Winner)
- ASA, Children & Youth Section, Graduate Student Paper Award 2019 (Winner)
Harvey, Peter Francis and Annette Lareau. (2020) “Studying Children Using Ethnography: Heightened Challenges and Balancing Acts.” Bulletin of Sociological Methodology 146 (1): 16-36.
Harvey, Peter Francis. (2018) “It’s a Total Way of Life? Catholic Priests, Women’s Ordination, and Identity Work.” Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion 57 (3): 547–66.
- ASA, Sociology of Religion, Graduate Student Paper Award 2017 (Honorable Mention)